The Southeast Arizona B and B Recipe is always desired by our guests at Down By The River B and B
Our Southeast Arizona B and B recipe is an integral part of the gourmet meal plans that we prepare for our guests. After our guests have enjoyed their breakfast at Down By The River B and B, we get asked by many if they can have the recipe. They also ask “How hard it is to make?” We do give our recipes out to our guest when they ask and we put them up on the blog so that they are able to read them. Amazingly, none of our recipes are difficult but a few take some longer prep times.
We also serve another side with the quiche. Sometimes we do one of our French toast creations, or specialty pancakes or waffles.
If you would like to access other recipes that we have on the blog just go to the search mode and click the category to “Recipes”. That will bring up all the recipes that we have put out on the blog.
- Purchased Pie dough Pillsbury or other or if you prefer make your own.
- 9” pie pan
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 small ripe tomatoes cut up into ½ inch pieces and deseed
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp basil – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian sweet sausage precooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 5/8 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grease pie pan
- Set pie dough in pan trim excess crust and bake at 400o F for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm allow it to cool.
- Put half of the mozzarella cheese on the base of the crust
- Spread the tomatoes, sausage and basil over mozzarella leaving a small amount to put on later.
- Place the rest of the mozzarella on the filling.
- Place the small amount of tomato, sausage and basil on top of the mozzarella.
- Mix the eggs, heavy cream, milk, salt, pepper, cayenne and nutmeg until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture over the filling.
You can prep this the day before and then place in the refrigerator overnight to use in the morning.
Bake at 350o F semi covered on the sides but with an opening over the center of the pie. The last 30 minutes uncover the pie and let it brown. Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Cook time 1 hour 40 minutes will serve 8 to 10.