During the fall of the year, the cottonwood trees along the San Pedro River are starting to turn the golden hues that forecast the coming of winter. Down By The River in St. David is the Lodging Hub for Cochise County and so we have many opportunities to treat our guests to breakfasts that use ingredients that fit the season.
When we have our Southwest Egg Bake for the guests at the Southeastern Arizona B and B, we serve some type of fruit that reflects the season. During the months of October and November, cranberries are available and so are pears. The combination just goes very well with the spiciness of the Southwest Egg Bake. So try this out and find out how the tangy pears cranberry combination can spruce up your breakfast with both taste and color.
- 2 – Bosc pears
- ¼ c – sugar
- 2 – whole cloves
- 1/6 tsp – ground ginger
- ¼ tsp – cinnamon
- 1 c – cranberry juice
- 1/3 tsp – allspice
- ¼ c – Craisens
- 1/6 c – walnuts
- Cut pears in half, peel and core
- Combine all ingredients together except pears
- Place in a skillet with the pears face up and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer,
- Turn pears occasionally with slotted spoon until tender
- Place on plate, garnish with sauce, Craisens and walnuts from the skillet.