New Year’s Eve Special at Down By The River B and B
The New Year’s Eve special at Down By The River B and B has been placed on our website for the last three years. Prior to that, we celebrated and invited any guests who were staying at the B and B to attend. It was sort of a surprise we did for our guests. The evenings were always memorable. The New Year’s Eve party has its origin from gatherings that we had in the 1980s. We invited friends and neighbors over to ring in the New Year and enjoy the camaraderie. After we opened Down By The River B and B, we kept the tradition alive. We invited our friends and also the guests that we had at the B and B.
This year the New Year’s Eve Special will be the 10th annual gathering at Down By The River B and B. The event gets underway at about 8:30pm. Our guests will have their choice of delicacies to enjoy that we prepare for the event. We have always provided different finger foods and hors d’oeuvres for our guests to snack on during the evening. Guests are asked to bring their own beverages for their enjoyment. We have music and there is always the pool table where you can demonstrate your expertise. We do have some fun with entertainment and this year we will have a door prize drawing after midnight. At midnight, we watch the ball drop at Times Square on TV, naturally tape delayed. Then a toast is made
to the New Year with some sparkling wine that we provide from our good friends at Coronado Winery.
Down By The River B and B invites you to consider our New Year’s Eve Special. There is no need to drive home after the party since you already have the room for the night and as always we do a fine breakfast for you to enjoy on January 1.
There are a few restrictions for this event. We have these restrictions in place because of the costs that we incur for this event (we charge our normal weekend rate for these dates) and we have a limited number of rooms. If we book all the rooms, we will keep a wait list in case of a cancellation.
The restrictions are as follows:
- Phone reservations only will be accepted.
- There is a 2 night minimum either Dec 30 and 31 or Dec 31 and Jan 1.
- No discounts, coupons or gift certificates will be honored for the 2 day stay. Additional days, over the two days required, will receive our normal 10% discount.
- The guests will have their credit card charged for the room at the time of registration.
- The cancellation policy is altered from our normal policy for special events.
- Cancellation of the reservation is allowed up to 5 days after making the reservation but no later than November 30. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be charged and the rest of the reservation will be refunded.
- For cancellations after November 30, Down By The River will refund one half (1/2) the reservation charge if we can rebook that room for this event.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the event will not be refunded nor will any credit for a future stay be issued even if we are able to rebook the room.