Arizona B and B Recipe – Country Apple Dumplings
Our Arizona B and B recipe is what makes our breakfast. We look for great recipes to serve and our guests have been pleased at our efforts with breakfasts. If we can find one that uses the fresh fruit that we can pick at Apple Annie’s, all the better. Down By The River B and B has a great breakfast and many of our guests have posted just how much they enjoy the breakfasts in their reviews. We always strive to make something that people will not find in a normal chain restaurant. Many but not all of our recipes can be found on this blog. Just click on the category button for recipes and you will find some of the most popular recipes that we have.
We recently experimented with a recipe that we thought would go good with our quiche. The savory Italian Sausage Quiche is a great number 1 entree but we also provide another secondary sweet entree to go with it. We had return guests that had previously had a secondary entree that we served so we decided to try this out. We try not to repeat for returning customers. This entree is called Country Apple Dumplings. It was such a hit that we decided to keep it and place it into our menu selection. Take a look at it and give it a try.Ingredients:
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ( we have used Squirt as a substitute)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
This recipe makes 16 dumplings